Yoga Poses To Improve Your Sex Life
- 0 Like
- 0 Comment
From backaches to carnal desires, yoga is for everything!Did you know that ‘yoga’ literally means union in Sanskrit? It is the union of the mind and the body – spiritually, physically, and yes, sexually too. So if you needed any motivation to take up yoga, this is it! If your partner and you are looking to spice things up in the bedroom, it may be time to head to the yoga studio. Postures to strengthen your back, hip-opening postures to increase blood flow, and core strengtheners with a lot of breathing to build your stamina – yoga will help channel your inner sex Goddess/God, and kick things up a few notches.
healthhunt recommends - Yoga Box
How does yoga help improve sex?
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Boosts stamina
- Increases endurance
- Helps maintain a healthy body
- Is a great stress reliever
- The bridge (Setu Bandhasana) – Lie on your back with your knees bent, and push yourself off the floor. Your butt should be parallel to the floor, and will form a bridge between your knees and your shoulder blades. Hold the position for at least 10-15 counts.
Upside: Since this targets the pelvic muscles, it leads to stronger and more controlled orgasms. Your vagina gets toned, as this is similar to doing Kegel exercises, and you squeeze the same pelvic muscles.
Image source: http://www.sarvyoga.com/
2. Cat-Cow – Get down on your hands and knees. Inhale and arch your back, while pulling your belly into your spine (cat pose). Then exhale, drop the belly, and lift the heart and tailbone up (cow pose). Repeat.
Upside: This helps strengthen the back and the pelvic muscles – the ones you need to enjoy an intense orgasm! It also helps relieve stress, and creates emotional balance.
Image source: http://muaban.com.vn/
3. Wide-legged straddle pose (Upavistha Konasana) – Sit upright, and spread your legs apart. Reach for your toes, while lengthening your torso. Exhale as you reach for your toes. Engage your core by drawing your navel towards your spine.
Upside: This is an extremely good exercise for low libido. This stretches the inner thigh and groin area, which leads to increased circulation in the pelvic area – the end result is greater arousal. The hips open up, giving the area greater maneuverability, and making sex more fun.
4. Happy baby pose – Lie on your back, lift your legs, and pull your knees towards the armpits. Keep your feet flexed, while pressing your back into the mat.
Upside: This is an absolute stress-buster pose. It helps release lower back tension, and stretches the hamstrings. This posture brings out your inner child; not to forget the visual treat for your partner. This will definitely translate well in the bedroom.
5. Butterfly pose – Sit on the floor and put the soles of your feet together, pulling them towards you. Push your body forward while balancing on your hips. Hold the pose for 10-15 breaths.
Upside: It stretches your inner thighs, and increases blood circulation to the pelvic area. As you know, increased blood flow is directly linked to arousal. Happy days for you!
Image source: https://i2.wp.com/
6. Eagle pose (Garudasana) – Standing on your left leg, wind your right leg around the left calf, and hook your foot. Inhaling, cross your left arm over your right, and put your hands together in a namaste position. Feel the stretch. Make sure you do it with both legs, alternately.
Upside: The eagle pose enhances circulation in the cervical area, which may make it more pleasurably sensitive during intercourse. When you twine one leg around the other and squeeze your legs gently together, it causes a rush of blood to the area when you release the pose. This pose is even listed in the Kama Sutra.
7. Mountain pose (Parvatasana) – With your heels on the mat, using the support of your arms, create an inverted V. Your butt will be in the air.
Upside: It helps invigorate the body, which is extremely essential for good sex. Your butt, which is up in the air, will definitely give your partner ideas, if he/she is around. A good aphrodisiac, I would say!
Try this - JURU Yogi Travel Mat
Image source: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/
Yoga can increase physical stamina, which will, in turn, prolong the pleasure associated with sex. However, keep in mind that your lifestyle and behavioural traits have a direct impact on your sex life, so you need to work at syncing your mind and body. Sex is one of life’s most amazing experiences, and yoga can help you take it to new heights.