6 Tips To Keep The Passion Alive In Your Relationship
- 56 Likes
- 0 Comment
It is normal to feel like the magic has been lost somewhere over the years, even though you may still love your partner. Let’s bring it back, shall we?
Psychology explains that new experiences stimulate the release of opioids—a wow feeling, in the brain. But once you’ve had an experience, some neurons essentially take over the job of responding to that piece of data, freeing neighbor neurons for other tasks. A second or third round won’t give you the same rich opioid hit as the first time, because fewer neurons are firing, and it’s been there, done that.
It would be wise to derive that the same applies to relationships as well. Your partner has been with you for years, through ups and downs, good times and bad, and you love him/her, but somewhere in the back of your mind, you know that your relationship has lost the old zing. Maybe it’s become a little…cold?
People generally believe that it’s okay for sex to become a rare occurrence after a few years of courtship. However, I strongly disagree. When you have access to unlimited sex with the man/woman of your dreams, it would be ridiculous not to make use of it. Just preposterous. Plus, let’s not forget oxytocin, serotonin, vasopressin, norepinephrine, and all the other feel-good hormones that instill feelings of well-being and calm, and strengthen the bond between you and your partner. We can all use a dose of that.
And so here’s a few rules to keep it flaming hot:
1. Physical contact – Cuddling and massage both unleash oxytocin, which battles stress and increases arousal. It’s also linked to addiction in primates, so the lesson here is clear – up the dosage, and your partner will be hooked to you.
2. Switch roles – It’s boring if you’ve been doing something in the same way since the beginning of time. Experiment, try out new things, let your partner take the lead in case they never do, or go ahead and take hold of the reign.
3. Pretend – Role play is way more fun that people give it credit for. It’s totally worth the trouble, believe me. Meet each other at a bar and flirt all night, touch each other suggestively, kiss in the car, and get home to proceed to have the best session of your life!
4. Learn new moves – Trying new sex positions isn't just a new way to fit the key into the lock. Anything novel or exciting is likely to drive up the levels of dopamine in the brain. It’s like strumming your favourite song or winning a game of Candy Crush, plus who knows…you might just end up having a lot of fun.
5. Work together, play together – Do things together, be it buying groceries or cooking. Play a game of badminton, race against each other, and challenge each other constantly, while also finding time to do couple-activities. This builds teamwork, chemistry, and understanding between the two of you, and sometimes sex isn’t the only thing that needs to be worked on.
6. Go back in time – Go back in time, and turn into the two people who could never get enough of each other. Text each other, give your partner a compliment, tell them you’re thinking about them, bring up a naughty memory, or tell them something special awaits them that night. Call each for no reason at all and tell them you wanted to hear their voice, or convey how much they mean to you.
What do you reckon? That this is no time to reckon! It’s time to put these ideas to practice. Don’t be shy to throw in a few flirty texts, a drink or two, some dirty dancing perhaps, and get your mojo on.