12 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- 155 Likes
- 0 Comment
In the age of flawless beauty, it’s not stretching it to want a stretch-mark-less skin. Thankfully, there are natural ways to address it.When I got pregnant, I was ecstatic! And scared…scared of the pregnancy, yes, but mostly scared of getting stretch marks. Stretch marks are discolouration marks visible on the surface of the skin. They usually occur on the stomach, thighs, upper arms, butt, and breasts. They happen when there are rapid changes in the body, such as sudden weight gain or weight loss, pregnancy, or during puberty, and the middle layer of the skin is stretched. They can also happen due to genetics.
Keep in mind that stretch marks NEVER disappear, and all you can do is either prevent them, or reduce their appearance. Here are a few tips:
- Keep it hydrated – Drink plenty of water through the day, every day. This helps to keep your skin hydrated and more elastic, thereby preventing stretch marks. Also remember to never skip moisturising.
2. Cocoa butter – Cocoa and shea butter are both great natural moisturisers. Applying them during pregnancy can definitely help prevent stretch marks. They also work to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, if you’ve already got them.
Try this - Sweet Almond Cocoa Body Butter
3. Castor oil – Apply some castor oil on the stretch marks, and massage gently for 5-10 minutes. Wrap a clean cotton cloth around the area, and apply heat for half an hour. The heat can be applied via a hot water bottle, a heat patch, or a heating pad.
Click here to buy - Cold Pressed Castor Oil
4. Egg whites – Since egg whites are a great source of amino acids and proteins, they can help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Take the whites of 2 eggs, whisk them well, and apply on to the affected area. Let dry, and then clean. Apply olive or almond oil after cleaning. Repeat daily, up to 3 times a day, for at least 2 weeks.
5. Apricot mask – Take a few apricots and mash them into a paste. Then apply on to your stretch marks. Let it stay for about 15 minutes, and then wash off. Use 1-2 times a week.
6. Aloe vera – Rub aloe vera gel or cream on the affected area, and leave it for 15 minutes. Then gently wipe off with a warm towel. You can also mix it with capsules of vitamins E and A, and then massage the skin with it.
Buy it here - All Purpose Aloe Vera Gel
7. Potato juice – Take a potato slice and gently rub on the affected areas for a few minutes. Let it dry, and then wash off. The nutrients in potato juice will help restore the skin cells.
8. Lemon juice – Lemon is known to be a bleaching agent. Just take half a lemon and rub on the affected areas using circular motions. Let it stay for about 10 minutes, then wash it off.
9. Sugar – Mix raw sugar with a few drops of lemon juice and a little almond oil, and use it to gently exfoliate the skin. Do this daily for at least a month.
10. Olive/coconut/almond oil – Olive and almond oil are both great sources of vitamin E, and other antioxidants, which help keep your skin hydrated, and more elastic. They also help in restoring skin tissue. Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin and strengthen the cell walls, thereby reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Try this - Cold Pressed Coconut Oil / Organic Virgin Olive Oil / Almond Oil
11. Alfalfa – Take alfalfa powder and mix with chamomile oil to form a thick paste. Massage gently onto the affected areas. Do this thrice daily. Alfalfa leaves contain protein, and vitamins E and K, which help in keeping the skin tone even.
12. Turmeric – Turmeric paste, made by mixing turmeric powder with water or oil, spread on the stretch marks, will also help reduce their appearance.