The Ultimate Detox Drink With Lemon, Ginger, And Turmeric
- 485 Likes
- 0 Comment
Instead of sugar, spice, and everything nice; try turmeric, ginger, lemon, and honey. The simple but effective detox drink of the year!
Image source : i0.wp.com
Detox is a fashionable word these days. The world and its grandmother are involved in various kinds of detox diets. But bingeing on food and alcohol and then going on a special ‘detox diet’ isn’t going to help your liver in any way. The problems with such a lifestyle are many:
1. If you have alcohol and food excessively, you are overburdening your liver. At some point, if this continues, you can develop liver problems.
2. Most detox diets are unhealthy, as they require you to cut down on many nutrients and good fats that your body needs.
3. Such yo-yoing with your diet weakens the body, instead of strengthening it. Your body needs a consistent lifestyle, which helps it get stronger and fitter.
That’s not to say that a binge here or there will have a harmful effect on the body. When that happens, you need a good detox drink!
This amazing detox drink with lemon, ginger, and turmeric will not only help with better digestion and improved liver function, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory drink, and can help with joint pains, amongst other benefits.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric root, grated, or ⅓ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated, or ⅓ tsp ginger powder (Ginger Juice (Sugar Free) 1 Litre)(Ginger Juice (Sugar Free) 1 Litre)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Honey, to taste (optional) (Nature’s Nectar 250 gm) (Nature’s Nectar 250 gm)
1. Boil the water in a saucepan.
2. Add ginger and turmeric, and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Strain, and add lemon and honey (if using).
For the best absorption of turmeric, add a little pepper to the drink, so as to maximise the benefits.
If you are not very fond of hot drinks, you can add a dash of cinnamon, and chill before serving. You can also replace honey with maple syrup.