The Best Ways To Whiten Teeth Naturally
- 227 Likes
- 0 Comment
Forget chemical teeth whiteners and toothpastes. Learn how to whiten your teeth with the help of strawberries, banana peels, baking soda,etc. With the help of these remedies, you can get white teeth naturally.
There are whitening toothpastes, abrasive chemicals and procedures, and even fake teeth. The extent to which one would go for whiter teeth is lengthening even as we speak. Having a smile that doesn’t make the other person cringe isn’t too much to ask for, is it? A great smile can up your confidence, make you look pretty, and can also make other people feel comfortable and safe in your presence.
Apart from good oral hygiene, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing, are chemicals the only way to go? The answer is a resounding NO!
There are various natural remedies you can use to whiten teeth naturally, including:
- Strawberries – Mash a few strawberries, and apply to your teeth with your fingers, or with a toothbrush. Rinse and wash your mouth well, and voilà, whiter teeth! The vitamin C in the fruit helps to break down plaque, which is one of the factors that make your teeth look yellow; while the malic acid present in it helps remove stains. You can also add sea salt to it before mashing it, which will work as an…exfoliator, shall we say, for your teeth.
- Banana peels – Rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth daily to gradually see shinier teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Using a 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide solution to swish around your mouth will help in whitening teeth. Its antibacterial properties help in keeping your teeth and gums healthy too.
- Oil pulling – Using a tablespoon of coconut oil to swish around the mouth for about 20 minutes can not only give you whiter teeth, it can also avert a host of dental problems. The lauric acid in coconut oil effectively kills the bacteria in the mouth, helping you get rid of plaque. Simply ‘push’ and ‘pull’ the coconut oil through your teeth for 5-10 minutes, if you are a beginner, or 20 minutes, ideally, and then rinse your mouth well before you brush.
healthhunt recommends - Coconut Oil 400 ml
- Baking soda – Mix baking soda with water, or lemon juice, to make a paste. Rub this onto your teeth with a toothbrush and rinse your mouth well, after 1 minute if using lemon, and after 2-3 minutes if using water. Remember, lemon is highly acidic, so don’t use it more than once a week.
- Vitamin C plus citric acid – Oranges and lemons both contain vitamin C, as well as citric acid. The acidic nature of these work well to whiten your teeth. Rub the peel of either over your teeth, and rinse immediately, since you don’t want the acid to strip the enamel off your teeth. Don’t do this more than once in 2 weeks.
- Apple cider vinegar – ACV can be used as a mouth rinse; you can gargle with it; or make a paste by adding it to one-third the amount of baking soda and applying on to the teeth, before rinsing off.
Buy it here - Apple Cider Vinegar 500ml
- Activated charcoal – Using food or medical-grade activated charcoal can make your teeth whiter. You can dip your toothbrush into activated charcoal and brush (gently) with it. Let the charcoal sit in the mouth for 2-3 minutes, so that it has time to bind with the tannins and remove stains. Then rinse, and brush again with regular toothpaste if you wish to.
Apart from these, the more crunchy fruits and vegetables you eat, the whiter your teeth will be, as the acids they contain help in removing stains. You can also drink your tea, coffee, green tea, and wine through straws, to reduce staining. If you smoke, your teeth will be stained more than that of non-smokers, so keep that in mind when you take your next puff!