7 Effective Remedies For Smelly Feet
- 1.7k Likes
- 0 Comment
Remember Phoebe’s song, “Smelly cat”? It’s about time they made one about your feet - yikes. Smelly feet are a curse, and here are the ‘magical’ ways to handle them. Evanesco.Are you of one of those who inspires disgust in everyone around you as soon as you take off your shoes and socks? Does the smell of your own feet make even you feel sick?
The thing is…it’s summer. And feet sweat! What’s one to do, eh? Well, lots! First, let’s understand why you get smelly fat or why you have bromodosis. We have sweat glands all over the body. When we exercise, or feel otherwise hot, the sweat glands come into action. The difference is, the feet’s sweat glands secrete all the time, not just in response to heat or exercise. When the bacteria on our skin decompose the sweat, causing smelly feet
Here is what triggers smelly feet:
- Wear the same shoes everyday.
- Have no concept of personal hygiene.
- Are stressed.
- Are a teenager, or pregnant, as your feet will smell more due to hormonal changes (yes, being pregnant is your fault; as is being a teenager).
Here are some tips you can follow to prevent smelly feet:
1. Get hygienic – If you want to stay away from stinky and smelly feet, wash your feet every day with an antibacterial soap, and dry them well, especially between the toes. Don’t wear the same shoes everyday, as it doesn’t give them a chance to dry out. And don’t even think about wearing the same socks every day! Cotton and wool socks are better than nylon, as your feet are able to breathe in these materials. Remove hard skin from your feet because when it’s moist, bacteria can thrive. This is extremely beneficial in preventing smelly feet.
2. Spray a natural scent – Another trick that works for smelly feet is spraying a natural scent like rosewater. Let it dry completely before wearing your socks and shoes. This will keep your feet fresh throughout the day and prevent smelly feet.
Try this - Rose Water
3. Soak in saltwater – Another great remedy for smelly feet is epsom salt. Use Epsom salt or Kosher salt to soak your feet. Afterwards, only dry your feet, don’t rinse, so as to maximise the benefits.
4. Vinegar power – The acidic nature of vinegar kills the bacteria on your feet. Mix in water and soak your feet. Rinse post-soak to get rid of the smell. You can also rub a lemon or lime on your feet. This is very effective in keeping smelly feet at bay.
5. Baking soda – Sprinkle baking soda, cornstarch, or talcum powder into your shoes when you’re not going to be wearing them for a day. You can also rub all of these on your feet. This prevents excessive sweating and is a very good trick to prevent smelly feet.
6. Tea soaks – tea soaks also work wonders for smelly feet. Take two tea bags and boil them in a little water for 15 minutes. Add more water, let cool and soak your feet!
healthhunt recommends - Organic Moringa Tea
7. Go the surgical way – Use cotton wool dipped in surgical spirit, and dab between your toes.
You should also wash your shoes regularly, try to wear shoes which allow your feet to breathe, and walk barefoot when you can. With these tips, your feet will be smell-free soon!