Quinoa And Black Beans
This recipe is quick and easy-to-follow. Make your weekend special with this delicious and healthy one-pot meal.Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it over medium flame; cook and stir onion and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa to onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and the broth has been absorbed.
- Add frozen corn to the saucepan, and continue to simmer until they are heated.
- Thrown in the black beans and cilantro. Leave the saucepan covered for a few minutes.
- It’s ready to be served.