Quick Meals For Children Under 5
On making sure that your young one is eating according to their nutritional requirements.When infants turn into preschoolers, they go through a lot of changes, and so does their body. Between the ages of 3 and 5, kids need the most out of their diet, so as to possess healthy vitals later in their lives. Don’t forget to include the following in their food:
- Whole grains – Whole grains are rich in fibre, which aids in developing a healthy colon. They contain protein, which helps muscle growth. Whole grains are also a rich source of minerals, which are essential for proper mental and physical health. Try oats, barley, and wheat.
2. Lentils – Lentils are a member of the legume family, and are known for their low-calorie yet dense nutritional composition. Lentils are good sources of protein; vitamins A and B; and minerals like iron, manganese, and potassium. Include a handful of these, and see the change yourself.
3. Fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are the most basic inclusions of a healthy diet, be it for an adult or for a child. Fruits are rich in fibre, vitamin C, and natural sugar.
4. Dairy – Milk has been the fundamental food for all mammals, and its products also serve a good purpose. Let your child develop a taste for milk, and he’ll be getting an ample amount of calcium, vitamin D, and protein, all essential for good bones and teeth. Yoghurt, cheese, and curd are also good inclusions.
Buy it here - Gaudugdham By Rissala
5. Meat – Meat is rich in protein, zinc, iron, and vitamins A, B, and D. Buy leaner cuts, as they will scrape off the unhealthy fats.
Here are some quick, healthy and tasty recipes for your little bundle of joy.
A. Rainbow Khichdi
- 2 tsp rice
- 1 tsp moong dal
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ghee (Premium Cow Ghee 400 ml)
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- Heat ghee.
- Add cumin seeds till they crack, then add curry leaves.
- Add onion, and cook till golden brown.
- Add tomato and garlic paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add peas, carrot, and corn kernels, and fry a little.
- Add rice and moong dal.
- Add water, as per requirement.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Before serving, sprinkle garam masala and garnish with desi ghee and coriander leaves.
B. Veggie Loaded Bread
- Bread loaf
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- ⅓ tsp mustard sauce
- ½ tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp cream
- ¼ cup each capsicum and carrot, grated
- ¼ onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp butter
- Pepper and salt
- Pizza herbs (dried)
- Heat butter, then add the onion, capsicum, and carrot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt, to taste.
- Cut the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, then add mayonnaise, cream, mustard sauce, tomato ketchup, and dried pizza herbs. Mix it well.
- Spread this mixture over a bread loaf.