Potato Hash with Soft-Boiled Eggs
This delicious and nutritious dish is easy-to-make. Kids, as well as adults will love this healthy, home-cooked dish.
Image source: https://www.marthastewart.com/
- Sweet potatoes: 500 gms
- Red-skinned potatoes: 500 gms
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh ground pepper
- Eggs: 4
- Tender greens: 2 cups
- Microgreens for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash the potatoes (do not peel), then dice them.
- Take a bowl, add potatoes and mix them with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then line the potatoes onto the sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes until they turn slightly brown and care properly cooked.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover 4 eggs and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Take another bowl and add ice water to it. After the eggs are boiled, transfer the eggs to the bowl of water and allow to cool. Once cool, gently peel the eggs.
- When the potatoes are done, mix them with 2 cups greens and allow the heat to slightly wilt the greens.
- To serve, place potatoes on a plate, then top with egg, a bit of kosher salt and pepper, and microgreens, if you want.