Parsley Face Mask And Its Benefits
Move over traditional face masks. Once you try this, you will be hooked! Yes, these ingredients are what-you-would-call unusual, but you’ll realise that that’s because so many wonders of the nature are still waiting to be discovered. This face pack has parsley, yes, you heard that right.Our face is our identity, our mask, and our interface for communication, making it imperative to have, and keep, that glow on our face!
The market is flush with beauty products making tall claims. If you’re as done with putting chemicals on your face as we, at healthhunt, are, here is a simple homemade recipe that is known to make the skin glow:
Parsley Face Mask
- Chopped parsley
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (Pure Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 3 tsp plain yoghurt
- Mix the ingredients and apply on your face, which must be clean.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes, and then wash off with cool water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week.
This mask combines 3 powerful ingredients, and this is how they’re good for your skin:
- Yoghurt – Yoghurt is rich in lactic acid, which helps remove dead cells and impurities from the skin. Yoghurt also moisturises the skin and promotes a glowing complexion.
- Apple cider vinegar – This vinegar helps remove all blackheads, acne, bacteria, and works as an astringent as well.
3. Parsley – This aromatic herb, the main ingredient of this skin mask, is like a magic wand for the skin! It has the following components, which make it unique as a beauty enhancer:
a. Vitamin K – Helps in blood coagulation, which is basic for banishing dark circles.
b. Folic acid – Helps in combating free radicals and promoting healthy skin. Free radicals can wreak havoc on the skin and make it dull.
c. Vitamin C – Boosts production of collagen, a skin protein that softens, tones, and heals. We all know how regenerative Vitamin C is, don’t we?
d. Flavonoids (beta-carotene, apigenin) – These flavonoids, present in parsley, contain cell-reinforcement, cancer-protective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. These ensure that the skin remains healthy and lustrous.
e. Myristicin – A chemical that neutralises certain cancer-causing agents. Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases of our times, and parsley, and this mask, can be used to help combat it!
Image source: http://ko-te.com/
Parsley is also known to strengthen the immune system and eliminate toxins – which are responsible for premature ageing and inflammation – from the body. In a word, parsley helps in healing and regeneration. It also has skin-whitening properties and helps erase spots.
A word of caution
Do a patch test on your skin by applying the parsley mask over a small area, before using it on your face. Some skin types are too sensitive, and may become red due to parsley. If all is well, go ahead and apply the mask generously on your face.