Methi Sprouts Salad
If you want to add fibre to your gluten-free diet, you must try this recipe. Methi Sprouts Salad is easy-to-make, nutritious, and delicious.
Image source: https://img-global.cpcdn.com/
- Methi seeds: 2 tablespoons (heaped)
- Cucumber: 1 (medium size)
- Fresh lemon: from 1 lemon
- Green chillies: 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Coconut: 1/2 tbsp (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) : a pinch
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- For methi sprouts
- Soak the methi seeds in water for 4-5 hours.
- After 4-5 hours, drain the water completely. Cover the container with a wet cloth.
- Let it sit for a day. You will see it sprout after a day. In case, you want longer sprouts, keep it for 2 days.
- For the salad:
- Wash cucumber and chop it finely. Add it to a bowl, then add methi sprouts to the bowl.
- Add lemon /lime juice, salt, chopped coriander and mix well. Garnish with grated coconut.
- For tempering (optional):
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds, let them splutter, turn off the flame. Add hing and curry leaves.
- Add this to the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve.