This Is How You Can Gain Weight Without Compromising On Health
- 303 Likes
- 0 Comment
Gaining weight is not synonymous with ill-health, especially for those who’ve struggled to put on some their whole lives. Here’s the right way to go about it.
How often have you tried your best to put on weight? You’ve purposely indulged in high-calorie foods, only to discover that you haven’t gained an ounce of weight. On your friend’s suggestion, you hit the gym too – all in vain. You’ve remained the ‘skinny binny’ everyone has always laughed at! Sounds familiar, right? Don’t despair, as today we bring to you 5 easy and quick ways to add some meat to that bony frame of yours. Read on!
- You are what you eat – We aren’t asking you to stuff your face with just anything, but if you are serious about gaining weight, you should have enough good calories. You don’t want to be just fat, which is easy to be, with junk food and aerated drinks, but you want healthy fat in your body, which means a good amount of proteins, carbs and healthy fats.
- Eat energy-dense foods once in 4 hours – Think of your body like an engine, in which your heart is constantly beating, and your blood is constantly getting circulated. When you skip meals, you deprive your body of fuel, which, in turn, requires your body to use the ‘energy piggy bank’, including muscle mass. In order to prevent this, space your meals between 3-5 hours, and maintain this routine. Also choose nutrient-rich foods, such as dried fruits with no added sugar or preservatives, toasted oats, bananas, avocado, coconut, and dark chocolate.
- Do you catch up on enough sleep? – You need sleep, which helps destroy unhealthy fats and tone the bod, while giving you a healthy digestive system. Research shows that people who sleep for 8-9 hours a night gain weight the healthy way than those who don’t! Stop being the night owl, and get your beauty sleep.
- Consume a meal before bed – While we sleep, our bodies work to heal and repair the body. This is why medical experts suggest a healthy snack right before we hit the sack. This helps supply fresh nutrients to the body, and gain weight in a healthy way. Consuming gluten-free alternatives would be the right thing to do before you sleep, say experts. Ensure that it has enough veggies and fruits added to it, maybe with a dash of cheese, to include good calories!
- Be workout wise! – You have to be wise when working out. Experts suggest 30 minutes of resistance training and weight training to add weight to the body, instead of cardio everyday. Rowing, deadlifts, push ups, and squats are compound movements that can help increase weight. Do speak to your gym trainer for more help!