Home Remedies To Keep Wrinkles Away
As one crosses the age of 40, you will notice a few fine lines on the forehead and minuscule changes to the hands and the under-eye area. Ageing is a natural process and though everyone should take it lightly, a little attention won’t be harmful. After all, 40 is the new 30!
Unfortunately, ageing does not happen only once you’re older (and wiser). With the hectic lifestyle that we lead, the unhealthy diet that we follow and the stress that has become a part of our lives, people have started wrinkling and ageing much earlier. I know people in their late 20s who have fine crow’s feet around their eyes or frown lines on their forehead.
What are wrinkles?
As we age, the skin loses its elasticity and collagen, and this allows the skin to form creases. There are a number of reasons why wrinkles appear. Pollution, exposure to the sun, lack of vitamins D and E, excessive make-up or smoking are just some of the triggers.
Home remedies to help wrinkles
There are home remedies that work wonders which can help in preventing the formation of wrinkles and treat those fine lines that may have begun appearing.
1. Yoghurt: Yoghurt is great for your skin. Mix 1 teaspoon of plain yoghurt with 1 teaspoon of honey, half teaspoon of orange juice and half a banana. Apply the mix on your face, and let it dry for about 20 minutes. Yoghurt and honey are excellent for tightening your enlarged pores; orange juice soothes wrinkles; and the banana hydrates the skin. After washing off the mask, don’t forget to moisturize well to lock in the goodness.
2. Coconut oil: Take a little organic coconut oil and massage it on your face and all the affected areas. Use circular motions for massaging, and do this every night. Leave the oil on your face overnight. You’ll soon notice a difference; your skin will start glowing and wrinkles will begin to fade away. Coconut oil helps restore the elasticity of the skin. Just remember to do this every day.
Try this- Coconut Oil 400 ml
3. Aloe vera: This is a plant that has more medicinal and cosmetic value than people like to admit. 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 egg white is what you need. Make a paste and apply it to your face. Leave this on your face for half an hour. Rinse off gently and pat your face dry. Aloe vera is an excellent source of vitamin E and helps to boost your skin health, along with egg whites. If the egg doesn’t work for you, using just aloe vera gel is also beneficial.
Try this- All Purpose Aloe Vera Gel (200 gms)
4. Lemon and honey juice booster: This is a simple routine that you should follow before you headout. It helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and is known as the lemon-juice-honey dab. Mix a little lemon juice and honey and apply a very thin layer on your face for 10 minutes to tighten the skin. Rinse it off, and then apply your make-up. The honey contains a humectant, which preserves moisture in the skin cells, while the lemon boosts collagen production.
5. Cucumber mask: This green vegetable is rich in water and minerals—both of which are essential for a Healthy skin. Remove the seeds from the cucumber and grate it. Squeeze the juice out, and apply it all over your face and neck. Let it dry naturally. You can rinse it off after that. You’ll notice a difference in the skin texture and a reduction in dark circles if you do this on every alternate day.
Try this- Natural Cucumber & Papaya Face Pack (50 gms)
The best part of all the above home remedies is that the ingredients are very easily available in your kitchen and are not expensive. Try whichever home remedy works for you and give your skin a new life.