Healthy Broccoli Soup
You will love this healthy and delicious broccoli soup. It’s easy-to-make and loaded with nutrition.
Image source: https://www.bettycrocker.com/
Serves: 2 kids and 2 adults
- Broccoli – 3 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 1 (chopped)
- Onion – (roughly chopped)
- Capsicum (Bell Pepper) – ½ (chopped)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Cilantro – 1 sprig
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- All-purpose Flour – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Water/Chicken stock/Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic, capsicum, potato, cilantro, and broccoli.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes and add flour. Fry for another minute.
- Add 1 cup of water or stock and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the flame/heat. Cool it a bit and blend it in a blender or mixer.
- Return the puréed soup back to the soup pot. Add the remaining stock or water and heat it.
- Add salt, pepper powder, cumin powder. Check consistency and seasonings as per your taste.
- Finally, add cream and switch off.
- Healthy broccoli soup is ready to be served.