Neck-To-Neck: Here’s How To Get A Swanesque Neck Like Sonam Kapoor
- 50 Likes
- 0 Comment
A swan-like neck adds the perfect dash of elegance to every look you carry.
Not everybody is born with a strong, commanding collar bone. Even though genes might play a big role, having a tight and smooth neck is something that requires dedication and extra care. Take Sonam Kapoor, for example. From treading the path of losing more than 30 kilos to her entry into Bollywood, she is someone who has worked hard on every aspect of herself, including her neck. Wondering how? Read on to find out how to keep your neck toned and supple, using these tips and tricks:
- Massage your neck regularly – One must remember that our neck contains lesser oil glands than our face, and hence, it dries and sags easily. Using an organic oil to massage your neck in an upward direction, to increase blood circulation, is a great way to rejuvenate your neck’s skin, and firm it up. Choose from lightweight oils like almond oil, flax seed oil, chamomile oil, eucalyptus oil, or extra virgin olive oil.
- Tighten and tone with exercise – Sit comfortably on a chair. Open your mouth as if you are surprised by something. Now tilt your head backwards, gazing towards the ceiling, and alternately open and close your mouth to go from a surprised position to a relaxed position, for 30-60 seconds each. This exercise will tighten your lower face and neck muscles, while working effectively on firming up and tightening the skin on your neck.
- Practice chin lifts – For practicing this exercise, start by tilting your head in an upward direction and keeping your eyes fixed on the ceiling. Pout, and put extra strain on your lips. Maintain yourself in this position for a minimum of 10 seconds, and then repeat for a minimum of 10 times. This will help in improving facial tightness tremendously.
- Mask and packs for the neck – The skin of the neck needs to be taken care of, just like that of the face, or any other body part.
a. Make a pack of overly ripe banana and olive oil. Add a pinch of chickpea flour. Apply this mixture on your face and neck, leave it on for about 15 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Repeated use of this pack will result in keeping fine lines and sagginess of the neck’s skin at bay. b. You can also mix together egg whites and honey, and use this pack for getting clear and toned skin on your neck. c. Another great home remedy is mixing together mashed pumpkin and honey. This pack is going to give your neck an instant lift, and will make your skin supple.
- Smile more often – While smiling more often can enliven your day and improve your mood, it can also benefit your facial muscles. The more you smile, the tighter and brighter your neck will be!
With these simple tips and remedies, you’ll be ready to show off your neck in no time!