Skincare Tips For Dry Skin During Winter Months
- 6 Likes
- 0 Comment
Dry skin is a common problem in winter. Even people who have normal or oily skin during summer experience dryness of skin in winter. We understand how irritating dry skin can be, that's why we come up with this video.
Does your skin become tight, stretchy and dry as soon as the temperature drops? Does the dry skin then start to flake and crack? Well, you're not alone! Dry skin is a common problem in winter. Even people who have normal or oily skin during summer experience dryness of skin in winter. We understand how irritating dry skin can be, that's why we come up with this video where Dr. Khoobsurat Najma is going to give you some simple and effective skincare tips for dry skin.
- Stay away from hot baths. Hot water makes the skin really dry. So, make sure you use lukewarm water. Also, limit your bath time to less than 10 minutes. Opt for moisturizing cleansers and moisturizing soaps. And, make sure you apply a moisturizing lotion at end of the bath.
- Always wear the sunscreen. Now, most of us do the mistake that we skip our sunscreen during the winter months, thinking that the winter sun is not going to harm our skin. But, this is not true. Pre-winter sun and winter sun can cause the same damage as the summer sun, to our skin. So, make sure when you step outside that you are wearing a sunscreen that has SPF of at least 30.
- Add body oils to your skincare regime. During winter months, your skin tends to get dry and flaky, since the air tends to suck away all the moisture from your skin. So, add body oils to your skincare regime. Opt for a ten-minute body massage before heading to the shower. This will help in forming a protective layer and protecting your skin and this will knock the moisture inside the skin, preventing dryness of skin.
- Stay hydrated. During winter months, make sure you have enough fluids. You should be drinking two to three liters of water every day. If the idea of gulping down the cold water doesn't sound very well with you, opt for green tea, ginger tea, broths or vegetable soups but make sure you have enough fluids throughout the day.
- Include skin healthy foods in your diet. include foods which are rich in mono and saturated fatty acids as well as omega 3 fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, olive oil, and avocados. Also, include which are rich in vitamin C! Such as lime, lemons, oranges, guava, broccoli, and dark leafy vegetables.These foods will add collagen to your skin and make it look healthy and supple.
So, these were our amazing skin care tips that will make sure your skin does not go dry and stays healthy and in optimal function.
To know more about health and fitness, subscribe to our channel. Till then, stay healthy, stay happy.