5 Useful Detoxifying Bath Mixes
It’s a toxic world we live in, and modern living is just increasing the levels of toxicity in our bodies. It’s a sad state of affairs, no doubt, but is there something we can do about it?The human body is naturally equipped to eliminate toxic wastes. But the problem is, we are bombarded with toxicity, from morning till night, by every usable product of daily life – food, cookware, cosmetics, cleaning liquids, plastic materials, air, water, and a lot more! It is not possible for the body to handle toxicity at this level. We need to take steps to help cleanse the body of toxic elements – pesticides, heavy metals, free radicals. The simplest way to do this is to soak in a specially prepared detox bath.
There are household stuffs that work well as detoxifying agents: Epsom salts (a naturally occurring substance), for instance, are high in magnesium and sulphates, which reduce the inflammation and soreness caused by toxins; bentonite clay has the property of combining with toxins, and drawing them out; and baking soda, you’d be surprised to know, is used to tackle radiation toxicity, as it binds with uranium!
Here are some useful detoxifying bath mixes that you can use. Get your bathtub ready!
- Green tea bath – Mix green tea, Epsom salts, bentonite clay, baking soda (aluminum free), and any essential oil that you fancy in warm bathwater, and soak in it for instant antioxidant activity in the body, detoxification, and relaxation.
Image source: http://www.hairsprayandhighheels.net/
2. Eucalyptus and vanilla bath – Mix eucalyptus oil with Epsom salts and baking soda in your bath, to get relief from itchiness during winters, along with detoxification.
3. Calming salt bath – Dead sea salts, bentonite clay, Epsom salts, lavender, and frankincense mixed in your bath will give you detoxification and relaxation. Lavender helps calm the mind, and frankincense helps reduce anxiety.
healthhunt recommends - Fuschia -Lavender Florets Bath Salt
Image source: http://lemonlimeadventures.com/
4. Ginger-lemon bath – Fresh ginger, lemon, and Epsom salts – add these to your bathwater, and soak yourself in it for 20 minutes. Voilà! You will emerge detoxed, refreshed, and ready to take on the world!
5. Milk bath (a must for the queens!) – The secret ingredient in this bath mixture is milk powder. Add to it either coconut milk or almond milk, plus your favourite essential oil, and soak in it…mmm, wonderful! Milk cleanses the skin of toxic substances, while coconut and almond milk help moisturise.
Buy it here - Fuschia Cleopatra’s Milk Bath
Image source: https://www.fashionstylemag.com/
So get yourself ready for a rejuvenating bath, and wash away all the toxic elements from your body in minutes! Happy soak time!