Broccoli With Lemon Crumbs
Want to eat something healthy yet delicious this weekend? Try this excellent recipe! You will certainly be pleased with the lemony and luscious taste of broccoli.Serves 6
- Wholewheat bread: 2 slices
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Lemon: 1
- Kosher salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper: freshly ground
- 1 large bunch of broccoli: cut into florets
- Grind the bread (coarsely) in a blender to make breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the breadcrumbs and sauté over medium heat until the crumbs turn golden.
- Shred the zest from the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one half into the pan. Add the salt and black peppers (freshly ground) and cook, stirring continuously, until it turns dry. Set the lemon crumbs aside at room temperature.
- Now take the broccoli florets and place them on a microwave-safe plate and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the florets turn crisp and tender.
- Move the florets out of the microwave and sprinkle lemon crumbs over them.
- Broccoli florets with lemon crumbs are ready to be served.