Beautiful Skin From Within: The One Thing Your Beauty Routine Is Missing
- 388 Likes
- 0 Comment
This article is for all those people who have never given meditation a fair try, and have held back, despite a plethora of health benefits. It is also for all the dewy-skinned, shiny-faced meditationists, who didn’t know what meditation was doing for them.
I think I finally know why all these meditationists (my word for people who have cracked the code to meditation, unlike myself) have that rosy glow, that youthfulness, that enviable aura about them.
I’d always heard enough and more about how meditation helps with stress, improves cognitive function, makes us self-aware, increases attention span and concentration, boosts immunity, and basically brings down our healthcare bill, but here's what I never knew – it blesses you with pulchritudinous skin (fine, I consulted a thesaurus for that one, whatever).
This article is for all those people who have never given meditation a fair try, and have held back, despite a plethora of health benefits. It is also for all the dewy-skinned, shiny-faced meditationists, who didn’t know what meditation was doing for them, all this while.
Presenting to you, 5 ways that meditation gives you beautiful (or shall I say pulchritudinous?) skin from within:
- Chi factor – Meditation is believed to unleash the vital energies in the body, and help you blossom into a full flower. ‘Chi’ or ‘qi’ energies, as they’re called, cover all the cells and tissues of your skin, pumping them with youthfulness, and bathing them with life essence.
- Defeat ageing – The Chinese Taoists, who’ve always focused on creating techniques that vitalise your physical body, have forever advocated meditation as the best way to heal disease, defeat ageing, and look great (at least for your age).
- Wrinkles no more – We know that stress accelerates ageing in the body, and gives you grey hair and crow’s feet way before they’re supposed to come knocking. Also, stress causes blood flow to be channelled away from the skin, towards the muscles and the internal organs, leaving your skin starved. And we know that meditation beats stress. You put the first 2 and the second 2 together, and what do you get? That’s right, meditation basically means wrinkle-free skin for longer.
- Oxygenation, and everything else – Meditation stimulates blood flow and oxygenation throughout the body, aiding in toxin elimination and skin rejuvenation. It helps you be present in every moment, and make logical decisions and smarter choices, that could be good for one’s body, like quitting a bad habit, taking up gardening, or going on that much needed trip.
Image Source:- http://differenttruths.com/
- Skin disease, what’s that? – Research by the University of Sheffield showed that meditation had a positive effect on patients with skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne, and vitiligo. In one study, patients who listened to meditation tapes healed 4 times faster than non-meditators.
Psychodermatology, an emerging field in research, studies the interaction between the mind and the skin, and works to understand the connection between psychological disturbances, mental disorders, and their manifestations on the skin. And with whatever we’ve learnt so far, it is safe to say that meditation bridges that gap between the mental, physical, and emotional states of the body, and impacts health in marvellous ways.