9 Amazing Ways To Fight Acne That You Must Try
- 282 Likes
- 0 Comment
There is no singular disease that causes more psychological trauma, maladjustment, and insecurity than what we call – acne vulgaris.
Credits Saluda Programa de Salud/flickr Pimples have a way of appearing out of nowhere to mar your precious look on that very special day, don’t they? Actually, what happens is that pores get clogged with oil, dead skin, and pus – white cells and bacteria – causing redness, inflammation, and bumps. Oily skin is more prone to zits than normal or dry skin. The secret of fighting acne is to control excess oil secretion, kill the bacteria, and keep the pores of the skin unclogged. But how?
- Steam ‘n ice – Steam opens the pores of the skin, and lets out the dirt and the excess oil. Once the pores are open, the medication for acne penetrates easily and cures faster. After the treatment, don’t forget to rub ice on the area – this helps to close the pores, and reduce redness and swelling.
- Apply apple cider vinegar – This vinegar has acids that help exfoliate, and kill the bacteria. The application of this reduces the redness of the acne, and flattens it out. Dilute the vinegar with water before applying.
- Use tea – The properties of tea, whether in the form of the drink (green or black tea), or in the form of tea tree oil are well suited to fight acne. Its antioxidant and antibacterial properties disinfect the pimples, and heal the skin.
- A cinnamon-honey mask – Make a mask with honey and cinnamon, and apply it on the affected area/s. Honey has antibacterial properties that kill the infection and cure the acne along with the help of cinnamon, which is anti-inflammatory.
- Use lemon and aloe – Make a mixture of lemon and aloe vera juices, and apply on the pimples. Lemon juice helps to dry up the acne, and aloe vera helps to fight the infection and heal the skin. This is a deadly combo for the stubborn zit!
- Tomato treatment – Place tomato pulp on your pimples, and forget about them. The pimples will dry out. This is because tomatoes are acidic, and have vitamins A, C, and K, which heal the skin.
- Rub garlic – You’d be surprised to know this, but garlic helps combat acne! Cut a clove of garlic in half, and rub it on the zit. Wash off with warm water after some time. The antiseptic properties of garlic, along with the presence of sulphur, destroy a pimple.
- Apply toothpaste – And you thought toothpaste only cleans your teeth! It helps clean your face too – of acne. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the pimple and a few hours later, it will dry up. Make sure the toothpaste isn’t on your skin for too long, especially if you have sensitive skin, as it could cause a burn.
- Take aspirin – Make a paste of a crushed aspirin tablet and water, and apply it on your pimple. Keep it for some time. When it becomes dry and flaky, wipe it off. Aspirin has certain ingredients that help in reducing and drying up zits.
Remember, using shampoo, conditioner, or volumiser can trigger an outbreak of pimples if the residues of these products remain on the skin. So use your hair products with care. Take care of your skin, as it takes care of you!