7 Exercises That Will Bring The Glow Back To Your Face
You’ve always worked out for your body, and meditated for your mind. Now do it for your skin.Most of us look at the ads on TV, and wish our skin was as flawless and glowing as those models’. Some of us are genetically blessed, but most of us have to work a little for it. The answer lies in what our ancestors already knew – yoga. Stress, hormonal imbalances, bad eating habits, unhealthy lifestyles, and a lack of proper exercise are the chief causes of dull and tired-looking skin.
Mental and emotional peace is extremely important for you to feel better about yourself and your life, and that, when coupled with these exercises, can help you get rid of the toxins in your body and get radiant skin.
What happens when you exercise?
When you exercise, you sweat, and this removes the toxins from your body. Your pores get unclogged when you sweat, and this reduces the possibility of blackheads, acne, and pimples. Exercising also improves blood circulation in the body, thereby recharging the cells, and helping the skin become lustrous.
7 exercises that will bring the glow back to your face:
- Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) – This pose opens up your chest, and reduces any stress and fatigue you may be harbouring. You also get an extra dose of oxygen when your chest opens, and this helps get rid of the toxin build up in the body. When toxins get flushed out, your skin gets revitalised.
It’s also an excellent asana if you’re suffering from lower back pain. Be careful you don’t over arch your neck and back in your enthusiasm.
Image source: https://eyogaguru.com/
2. Ustrasana (Camel pose) – When you bend backwards, your ribcage and lungs expand. The extra oxygen rushes to your brain, stimulating and activating the stress-reducing hormones in your body. People suffering from thyroid and cervical issues should definitely do this exercise.
Image source: https://www.yogajournal.com/
3. Matsyasana (Fish pose) – This pose tones and stretches the muscles of your face and throat. This is a great exercise to get rid of that double chin too. It also normalises the function of the thyroid, pineal, and pituitary glands, along with your hormones, which greatly helps improve your skin, and brings a glow to your face.
Image source: https://i.ndtvimg.com/
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand) – This exercise helps with blood circulation, and improves skin texture too. Since this reverses the flow of gravity and sends the blood rushing to your brain, you will notice that your skin looks plumper and radiant, and over time, has reduced wrinkles as well. If you suffer from high blood pressure, please avoid this exercise.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle pose) – This is a good asana to balance your mind and your body. When you bend down, it supplies more oxygen to your body, and the skin feels refreshed.
Image source: http://theyogicprescription.com/
6. Pavanamuktasana (Wind-relieving pose) – Your stomach and digestive system play a very important part in your overall well-being. If your digestive system is not up to the mark, it will show up on your skin in the form of pimples, or other skin issues. This asana improves digestion, reduces bloating, and helps to relax the muscles. If your digestive system is healthy, so will your skin be.
Image source: https://eyogaguru.com/
7. Pranayam – Pranayam involves a lot of simple breathing exercises, which supply more oxygen to your system. This helps rejuvenate skin cells. Some of the best pranayam exercises that you can practice for healthy skin are kapalbhati, nadi shodhan pranayam, bhastrika, and anulom vilom.
Image source: https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/
What else can you do?
- Drink a lot of water, and stay amply hydrated through the day. Your skin needs water to stay fresh and radiant.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits. The antioxidants and vitamins in them will keep you healthy on the inside, which will show on the outside. Go for organic fruits and veggies whenever you can.
- Get your beauty sleep. If you’re not well rested, it will show on your skin.
- Stay happy. Your positive attitude and smile will naturally make your skin glow.