These 7 Awesome Tricks Can Get Anyone To Eat Greens!
- 1.8k Likes
- 0 Comment
Struggling with them greens? Here’s an idea - sneak them in like trained ninjas.Greens are a must for our diet. They provide us with essential vitamins and minerals. Now, apart from vegetarians and vegans, people, many a times, tend to bypass eating vegetables in quantities that are required. Why? Taste issues, of course!
Let’s solve this problem for you by introducing a few simple and delicious ways of sneaking greens into your meals:
- Stir-fry them in – Fried food is always yummy. Slip in your greens in a stir-fried hot pot, and you won’t mind eating them. My favourite is a mix of broccoli, mushrooms (for texture), spring onions, and tomatoes (for colour) – sautéed with salt, pepper, and butter!
- Kale chips – Have you had them yet? Mix some salt, pepper, and oil with bite-sized kale, and bake till crisp. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder, and your tasty greens are ready! This can be a perfect midday snack!
3. Go for a salad – Salads are refreshing, especially when they accompany heavy main courses. Cucumbers, lettuce, broccoli, peas, baby spinach, and Brussel sprouts are some of the green veggies that you can throw in a salad. Top with a nice dressing and some salt and pepper, and you won’t even feel that you are chomping on your greens!
4. Sip a green smoothie – I mean delicious green smoothie – some spinach (boiled), a seasonal fruit (mango or banana), some cocoa powder to give it a chocolate-like flavour, or lemon. You can add some water if it is too thick. Smoothies are great as coolers, and provide instant nourishment.
5. Stuff in sandwiches – Sandwiches are great for breakfast. A well-stuffed sandwich will give you the required nutrients and satiety at the start of the day. Now, along with your favourite protein, put some greens into your sandwich – lettuce, rocket leaves, or maybe some shredded cabbage. Be sure to sneak in the greens that you would normally not eat!
Image source: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/
6. Pickle ‘em – Pickle your greens – they will definitely become tastier. Mustard greens, collard greens, jalapeno etc. can be easily pickled. Wash and dry these greens. Mix salt, pepper, vinegar, sugar, and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Add the greens, and cook for a couple of minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
7. Add them to your soup – A tasty chicken soup can be rich in greens, if you know how to make it right. A vegetable soup can be tasty too, with the right mix of seasoning, and a creamy texture. Whichever the case, boil and purée the green vegetables before adding them to the soup, and one won’t get to know that the veggies are present – a trick for a treat!
healthhunt recommends - Instant Spinach Soup
The consumption of greens is very important for maintaining good health. Use these tips to prod yourself to eat your greens daily. Try these methods, and you will not regret it!