5 Ways To Boost Your Metabolism Today
- 410 Likes
- 0 Comment
A little boost can really take you a long way!Your dietician and gym trainer may have told you a lot about metabolism, and you may have often wondered what on earth it means. In layman terms, metabolism is a life-sustaining chemical transformation that is present in the cells of living organisms. And you can increase metabolism levels with easy diet plans. This will help make the body very efficient, and you can lose weight healthily too.
Here are 5 ways to boost your metabolism:
- Stay away from sodas – Sodas and aerated drinks are useless for the body, as they have empty calories and sugars in them. Too much of it, and you put on weight, so try to replace it with green tea. Green tea has plenty of antioxidants that help fight free radicals. Research shows that it blocks the absorption of starch, and prevents the breakdown of carbohydrates, leading to better blood sugar levels and protection from obesity.
Experts opine that 3 cups of green tea a day can up your metabolism by up to 10 per cent.
2. Fit fish in your food – Salmon is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential fats for the body. Salmon is also known to help burn fat, and boost metabolism levels. Efficient metabolism, digestion at its best, and less junk cravings are some of the effects when salmon is included in daily diets.
3. Bring down those carbs – Michael Mountain, author of Ultimate Fat Loss Solution, suggests that staying away from processed fruit juices, junk foods, and sugary delights can help boost metabolism. It is important to minimise fats and carbs on a daily basis, or else the metabolism levels in the body go for a toss. Instead of carbs, you can supplement your meals with plenty of fibre from leafy green veggies, which help bind and metabolise fats, and remove the same from the body.
4. Drink away and be happy – Not wines and coffees, but water. If you don’t drink enough water, the body will become dehydrated. Research shows that a dehydrated body craves for more junk than a hydrated one. Being dehydrated will bring down metabolism levels and increase sluggishness.
Herbal teas are a good way to increase your fluid intake. If need be, add a little jaggery instead of sugar, or a pinch of cinnamon for enhanced taste. Energy boost all the way!
healthhunt recommends - Organic Moringa Ashwagandha Tea / Pure Nutrition Signature White Tea
5. Warm lemon water – Warm lemon water helps the body to detox and is an anti-weight gain tool. Along with that, it helps increase the metabolism of the body. A tall glass of warm lemon water each morning, on an empty stomach, will provide vitamins and fibre; while the digestive enzymes in lemon water help with the digestive system and metabolism levels.
You may like - Lemon Juice
Our final say
You’ve heard this before, and we will emphasise the same again – size does matter – the smaller, the better. Experts suggest 5-6 small-portioned healthy bites a day, rather than 3 large meals. Eating regular, small meals helps metabolism levels stay high and in check, whilst not allowing the fat cells in the body to bring in more inches!