5-Minute Routines To Re-Energise Your Body And Mind
- 1.2k Likes
- 0 Comment
A long day at the office, a heavy workload, a few house chores to complete…exhausting, right? Here are some are some quick self-energising tricks to help you through your day, every day.In this day and age, we are bombarded with activities – there are so many things we need to do in a short time. On the other hand, our energy levels have taken a hit, due to an overall decline in the quality of food, rising pollution, and many other such factors. So, what do you do if you are on the go and are feeling low?
Try some of these 5-minute routines to re-energise your body and mind:
- Deep breathing – Most of the time, we don’t breathe deeply due to improper posture and hurried physical movements. If we take 5 minutes from our busy schedule, and do some deep breathing in the open air, our lungs will inflate properly, and the surface area of oxygen intake will increase. More oxygen equals more energy – you will feel refreshed, physically and mentally, in no time.
- Stretching – Tired of sitting in your chair for too long? Take a 5-minute stretching break (literally!). Bend forwards, bend backwards, turn the torso gently from side to side, and finally, hold the hips steady and rotate the upper part of your body slowly, clockwise and anti-clockwise. Do some neck movements – up and down, side to side. This will definitely help you dispel your lethargy, and make you feel energised.
- Aromatherapy – Fragrance plays a special role in rejuvenating the human body. It helps with energy, work, relaxation, uplifting the mood etc. Everyone has a favourite fragrance that induces a good feeling (mine is lemongrass…what’s yours?). In general, jasmine and lotus fragrances have healing properties, and rosemary helps clear the mind.
4. Snacking – Are you a foodie? Well then, the secret of your energy recharge lies in food. Take a small 5-minute snack break and lift your mood, energy, and performance levels. Munch on a handful of almonds and dark chocolate (my top choice!) – savour the few bites of chocolate that you eat, to avoid overindulging.
The nutrients in almonds (or any nuts, really) and dark chocolate will give you a boost of energy and happiness!
5. Quick self-massage – If you have a small, soft ball, put it in your palms and squeeze it a couple of times. This will massage the nerve endings, and help release certain hormones that will help energise your body. Massage your ears for 1 minute. You will start feeling hot as the blood circulation in the body improves, and increases the energy in your body.
6. Napping – Believe it or not, a catnap can work wonders for a tired body! You may also call it a power nap, which takes a little more time than just 5 minutes…maybe 15. A short nap rejuvenates the body and the mind, and can be very beneficial, if one has a long day ahead. In fact, a power nap is medically recommended for increasing creativity, and countering the stresses of high-powered jobs (don’t get caught napping at work, though).
Go on and try some of these 5-minute re-energising routines today, and see which suits you the most to help you through a grueling day.