5 Habits Of Happy People
- 1.7k Likes
- 0 Comment
What makes people truly happy? While there is NO one answer to that, there are a few habits all happy people share that may hold a clue, or two.So many of us are busting our buttocks day in and day out, working towards that one day when we finally will be happy. Be it admission to a top university, meeting that special someone, getting a promotion – we are all waiting for that day passively, or are actively working towards it, little by little. We are all doing what we are doing because we believe that it will make us happy one day. But are you happy NOW? Don’t just snap a quick ‘of course’; I want you to think this through.
And in the meantime, here are a few things that truly differentiate happy people from the not-so-happy ones (just in case your answer is ‘no’):
- Morning rituals – What makes happy people happy? Waking up grateful for the new day, engaging in spirituality (meditation, yoga, or prayer), finding time to enjoy that healthy breakfast, and planning the day.
- Kindness – Being kind has been scientifically proven to be good for you, especially if you’re in search of happiness. The act produces the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain, uplifting your spirits, boosting your immunity, promoting positivity, and building stronger relationships with people. Studies suggest that humans, known to be innately social, are genetically programmed to be kind. Another way to put it would be that there is goodness inside of us all; you just need to find it. Also, remember to be kind to yourself – you’re only human.
- Holding no grudges – Remind yourself to look at the bigger picture. Would that little thing/person really matter in 10 years? Would you like that person to even have a cameo in a movie based on your life? If the answer is no, then let go. And even if the answer is yes, remember that hard feelings only poison you from the inside over time, and lead to no good. All that negativity is really not worth it.
- Acceptance – You must’ve heard the ol’ proverb – ‘We cannot control the wind, but we can adjust the sails’. Accepting things that you cannot change is the key to growing and progressing in life, and being happy. Accept everything life offers you, good or bad, and focus your energy on only the good things. What about the bad parts? Well, they’re just like the most insignificant bumps on a road – ignore them, and move on.
5. Move it – Great people work out. I know this because Obama, Warren Buffett, Hillary Clinton, and basically anyone who has ever accomplished anything, got there because of discipline – precisely what you need, to . And believe me when I tell you that all these people know the importance of investing in your body (both time and energy). It’s the one investment with guaranteed returns! Getting to the science-y bits, exercise boosts levels of brain chemicals like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine – alleviating stress, and giving you just the good feelings you need to break a leg (metaphorically, please), every day.
Stop waiting, and subscribe to this thing called happiness today, tomorrow, and every day!