5 Bollywood Celebs Who Conceived Through IVF
- 51 Likes
- 0 Comment
It can be excruciating when you prepare your heart for a baby that never comes. There is no shame in seeking assistance. Here’s how these celebrities welcomed happiness into their lives.
It was in 2013 when we were all pleasantly surprised by the news of actor Shah Rukh Khan and wife Gauri Khan expecting their third child. The child was borne by a surrogate, and she was impregnated via IVF. It is deeds like these, by famous celebs, that often inspire their fans by breaking the shackles and taboos linked with assisted reproductive technology. 5 such celebrities are:
- Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan – The superstar couple decided to go ahead with surrogacy and have their third baby. Much after the birth of Aryan and Suhana, King Khan’s 2 children, the couple had their baby, AbRam. Born prematurely by several months, AbRam has always been a star kid who has attracted shutterbugs immensely.
- Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao – The perfectionist Khan has 2 children from his previous marriage. It was on 5th Dec, 2011, when through IVF, Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao, his second wife, were blessed with Azad Rao Khan. Aamir Khan admitted that Azad was a special child for them, as he was conceived after a long wait and difficulty. The methodical actor was pretty open about this procedure, and has even recommended IVF to other couples.
- Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder – Bollywood’s most loved reality show judge and maestro choreographer and director, Farah Khan, got married in her 40s to Shirish Kunder, a popular scriptwriter. The couple tried for 2 years to conceive, but all efforts went in vain. It is through IVF that on Feb 11th, 2008, the couple was blessed with triplets. Farah Khan even went on record to declare that when she had to choose between being childless or IVF, she opted for IVF, and has no regrets about it.
- Tusshar Kapoor – The newest daddy to join the single-parent bandwagon, Tusshar Kapoor became a proud parent to a baby boy last June. Tusshar has gone on record claiming his love for children, and how he thought it was the perfect time to opt for surrogacy, through IVF, to have the apple of his eye, Laksshya. More power to such love-filled paternal instincts!
- Sohail Khan and Seema Sachdev Khan – It was in 2000 when the Khan couple naturally conceived, and were blessed with their first son, Nirvaan. However, in order to expand their family further, it was in 2011 that the duo decided to opt for IVF, and became parents to baby boy Yohan.
Even though thousands of couples have been, and still are, struggling with infertility, it is these celebs who show us that when treatments like IVF are available, we can still be blessed with a child.