10 Natural Ways To Beat Chronic Stress
Stress has the worst side effects on one’s health. Change things now, and you’ll be saving yourself from a lot of suffering later.
No matter how calm a person you are, day-to-day stresses are bound to get to you. Here’s how you can kiss chronic stress goodbye, naturally:
- Eat right – This is something completely in your control. Ditch the junk, and focus on creating a healthy diet plan that nourishes you. When you eat whole grains, fresh fruits, and vegetables, they work to restore the balance of insulin, cortisol, and other hormones that are released when stressed.
2. Fix the larger problem – Don’t brush things under the carpet. Try and understand the underlying reason for your stress and tackle it head on, if it is something that is within your control.
3. Build a support group – Sometimes all you need to get through a rough, stressful patch is a support group. Enlist the help of your friends and family who are reasonable, and have a calming effect on you. Sometimes all you need to beat stress is a third-party perspective.
4. Learn to relax – Given that we spend all our time rushing from one task to another, we forget the basics of relaxation. In the middle of a particularly stressful day, when you are running pillar to post, spend a few moments emptying your mind and allowing yourself the luxury of relaxing mentally, albeit momentarily.
You may like - Stress Relief Massage Oils
5. Unplug, disconnect – The irony of urban living is that we can never switch off. We have read enough about people being addicted to their smartphones and tablets, and how that escalates stress. There’s a simple way of beating that chronic stress; just fall off the map by disconnecting from all forms of social media momentarily, and re-engaging with the real world around you.
6. Do some physical activity – Go on a hike, swim, do yoga, take a walk. Exercise is considered one of the biggest stress busters, since it allows you to focus on nothing but the moment, and also releases endorphins that leave you feeling healthy, strong, and good.
Try this - Yoga Box
7. Meditate – This one may not be for everyone, but even if you can take out 10 minutes a day to do some deep breathing, you will find yourself less stressed. Chronic stress has a way of creeping up on you, and the best way to beat it is by getting back to the basics.
8. Sleep well – If you sleep well, chances are you will wake up feeling far more in control of things, and able to deal with daily stresses. A good night’s sleep also helps balance your hormones and reduce cortisol levels in the body.
You may like - Deep Sleep Relaxation Massage Oils
9. Let the small stuff go – Don’t sweat the small stresses that add up and become chronic stress. If it is not something earth-shattering, learn to let it go. If you can declutter and refuse to allow small stresses from overpowering you, when the big ones hit you, you will be better equipped to handle them.
10. Get yourself a pet – This may not be practical if you live in a small city apartment, but one cannot stress enough the wonders of a pet. Get yourself a dog, a cat, a parakeet, or any other pet. They love you unconditionally, are minimally demanding, and are the perfect companions when the stresses of the world get too much to handle.